Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nuts About You!

A Mojo Monday Post on Sunday. Well at least it is in before the end of the week! This was the sketch but I just had to rotate the card base because I really, really wanted to use the Squirrels from the set Forest Friends by The Greeting Farm.
This is my take on this sketch, rotated 90 degrees:

Friday was craft night at my LSS Island Scrapbooking, a monthly free night of make 'n takes or demos. Each person who attends is asked to bring one handmade card for a card drawing. I love it! The first time I went, I drew Michelles' card, the owner of Island Scrapbooking. It was drop dead gorgeous and last night I drew Robins' beautiful card. She is a Stampin' Up! demo here in Hilo and I can't wait to attend one of here classes! I'll get her card posted here later. Since it so close to Valentines' Day, I, of course had to make a Valentine card for the drawing.

The paper is Bo Bunnys' A Gift of Love line, picked up at Island Scrapbooking. I love this paper so much that while I was at IS, I had to pick up more of it before they ran out or got discountinued. The Squirrels were stamped three times and colored with copics. I cut out the acorn twice, the squirrels at each end once, and layered with pop dots to give my image some dimension! Here is a side view of the squirrels: I hope you enjoy this one. I really had a great time creating it!


Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment