Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Birthday Wish Scrapbook Layout


Here is a layout that I put together called "Birthday Wish". I just love creating girlie L/O's; I get to use tons of flowers from my flower stash and all kinds of pretties! I had such a hard time not adding more and more flowers. Everytime I stepped back to look at it I found a blank spot begging to be covered with flowers...LOL. There are three photo mats available for special photos and although each mat is accented with ribbon or flowers, I have left enough room to slide a photo underneath the embellishments. Here is a look at the left page:


I printed out a birthday poem, cut it with my Nestabilities and stippled the edges to give a touch of softness. The cake and balloon poodle were hand-drawn and hand-cut. Peeking out from behind the cake is one of my own tear bears. I left this one gender neutral.

The second page features my little girl tear bear, another balloon animal and paper-pieced presents. It's hard to see from this pic but the large present out front is dimensional and opens like a book for journaling or more pictures. There is also a pull out tag for more journaling under the right-hand photo mat. Can you see the stitching on the photo mats and along the borders? I can't possibly have a scrapbook page without any sewing!

I love how adorable my little tear bear looks. I had such a great time creating her outfit and coordinating it with this L/O.


Here is a close up of the birthday cake. And below is a close up of the birthday tear bear!


Don't know what a tear bear is? It's a bear that has been torn out of extra thick mulberry paper, and pieced together with or with out any special patterns. I have created my own patterns for my bears and each outfit is one of kind, just like my L/O. I rarerly if ever create two similar L/O's and no two are ever exactly alike...each spread is a OOAK (one of a kind) creation!

Tomorrow I will be putting this L/O up for auction on ebay. Its been a while since I had my L/O's posted on ebay so wish me luck! I hope you enjoyed my scrapbook creation and post. I'm still trying to get used to blogging, but I hope to have another card creation posted, so come on back soon, OK? {smile}

Aloha!

my signature

No comments:

Post a Comment