Sunday, August 15, 2010

You're on my mind...

Still on my quest to take better pictures, I have to say that I am ok with this one. I think the picture could be a little bit clearer, but overall I'm happy. But, that could also be because I love this card so much. The layout is from this past weeks Mojo Monday #151 and it is going into my index file of favorite "go-to" card layouts. I kept the background elements simple; no embossing or texture other than the sewing.
 
Here is a nice close up of the fairy. This is one of Lauretta's designs over at Craft Your Passion; a digi stamp called "What are you thinking, Fairy?". As soon as I saw this one, I knew I would have a blast coloring it with copics. I used stickles on the wings and highlights are created with a white gel pen. Next time I use this image I'm going to create a background, maybe brayered water or a woodland background with some mushrooms and branches...hhhmmmm...the gears in my little brain are starting to turn!

Today's challenge at Craft Your Passion is a recipe challenge: Anything goes! And sometimes that's a harder challenge than when you get so used to doing challenges with lots of directions and restrictions. Don't you agree?

Have a great week, everyone!

my signature

8 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the sketch and your color combo is awesome! good job on the glitter too ;) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fabulous, michelle! you may want to check out picnik.com it's a photo editing site (free) and you can brighten up your picture there. if you want a bit more playing in it, there's a $24.95 / yr fee. it's definitely worth it.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the elegance of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job coloring her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!! love the glittering effect. Fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous.The colours are so beautiful.Great colouring too.
    You can also edit your pics in Photobucket or Picasa for free.Natural daylight is best but failing that you could place a large sheet of white card behind and shine a craft lamp directly onto the front of your card.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete